Electric battery Earn £175 per month from your EV!
BMW i3 wrapped in adverts

48mph Amazing!

Went out for a spin in the Twizy this morning.
Decided to visit a Motorcycle Shop In Uppingham, Rutland.
From Leicester it was a Round trip of 26 Miles, but it is all main road along the A47 so it was almost Flat out all the way there and back!
Thought it would be able to do it so I gave it a go.
Kept my eye on the Battery gauge and thought if it got close to 5 Bars I would turn back.
Just before you get to Uppingham you have to go up Wardley Hill, this is one big steep Hill and I wondered how the Twizy would cope…
There must have been a Tailwind because it flew up it with ease and only dropped to an indicated 48mph! I was amazed!
On the return leg there was a hill nowhere as steep and perhaps the battery was flagging by then and it only managed 41mph…
Got home with 3 Bars showing, put it on charge and the battery had 20% left :slight_smile:

Andy

I noticed mine was flying today, actually hit the speed limiter 52mph, with 1 bar of power showing on the dash, must be the warm weather.

Pah. I’ve hit 65…:wink:

65 but not under power as Lightly was doing or in re-gen mode. I hit 55 in full re-gen which was a good thing else I wouldn’t have got home going by the range estimate of 6 miles. I didn’t try Nikki’s trick to get it over 52/55mph.

Now the warm weather is back I have got the estimated range and the miles travelled to be 58 miles, and not after going down a long hill. Ended up back below 50 miles before recharging though.

[quote=“osbrook;4919”]65 but not under power as Lightly was doing or in re-gen mode. I hit 55 in full re-gen which was a good thing else I wouldn’t have got home going by the range estimate of 6 miles. I didn’t try Nikki’s trick to get it over 52/55mph.

Now the warm weather is back I have got the estimated range and the miles travelled to be 58 miles, and not after going down a long hill. Ended up back below 50 miles before recharging though.[/quote]

Full power max for me I think was 53 on the flat and 58 downhill. :wink:

never seen more than 53 mph on mine but * dont have any really good hills.*