A few questions on long-distance EV use

Hello everybody, I am a Ph.D. student from the University of Washington. I am working on a research project on the charging behavior of plug-in electric vehicle owners. I have some questions for PEV users here:

(1) What is the model for your EV?

(2) What is the longest trip you have ever used your EV for?

(3) How often do you use your EV for trips that are significantly longer than its range?

(4) What do you think is (are) the ultimate enabler(s) of long-distance trips by BEVs
A. Chargers with higher power
B. More chargers at each charging station
C. Bigger battery packs
D. More charging stations

Thanks!

(1) What is the model for your EV? - Nissan Leaf 30kWh

(2) What is the longest trip you have ever used your EV for? 200 miles

(3) How often do you use your EV for trips that are significantly longer than its range? Every 2 - 3 Months

(4) What do you think is (are) the ultimate enabler(s) of long-distance trips by BEVs
A. Chargers with higher power
B. More chargers at each charging station
C. Bigger battery packs
D. More charging stations

Here in the UK we need to get more chargers around the country. There is now also the need for faster Rapid charging as the larger batteries are now starting to appear on the market from the volume manufacturers that will mean drivers can cover larger distances. To answer your question above A, B, C and D are all required to cope with the forthcoming uptake in EVs.

One thing that needs to happen is legislation that stops non EVs parking in charging bays, particularly the Rapid chargers on the Motorway(freeway) network as turning up with little or no charge to a Rapid to find it ICE’d isn’t the best for range anxiety. The other issue is getting the rapid chargers repaired quickly when they fail. It’s not uncommon for them to sit with defects for 2 -3 months before becoming fully operational, (not uncommon for one of the plugs not to work which stops a whole raft of manufactures cars types of cars to be unable to charge until it’s fixed).