This may be too crazy, but I was thinking it would be fun to import a Twizy 45 from Europe to here in the UK for my son when he is 16. It may be too tricky or expensive.
There seem to be many for sale on the continent :
I think it means:
- Hiring a truck in France as hire companies in UK don’t allow taking hire truck abroad?
- Picking up the Twizy from the seller and loading into the truck. (sign papers for battery lease, Do all European countries have battery lease on Twizy?)
- Driving van to a French port then returning the truck to hire company, driving the Twizy onto a ferry.
- Announcing in UK port customs that I’m importing a vehicle? and paying some import TAX?
- Getting the twizy 45 home on the charged battery
- Changing the plug on the front of the Twizy to UK plug.
- Find an insurer that will insure a 16 years old in a Twizy 45.
- Apply for a Provisional license for my son when he is 15 and 9 months.
- When he is 16 years old, Book him on a CBT course that will accept a Twizy 45 instead of a moped.
- err put L plates the Twizy 45?
I think the Twizy would have resell value as it can be sold another 16 year old the following year.
I just want to be there when he asks the headmaster for a parking space!
Anyone got any thoughts on this? It is possible?