Batteries cheaper for small mileages!

Renault offers batteries rent from 30 € / month 2500 km / year
Here is the full rate

and the message from Renault
http://bit.ly/1opQULz

So if you only do a small yearly millage then this is great. ie. Twizy only used during the warmer months.

However it does not affect people doing more than 3100 miles a year. It should the ranges are wrong or the pricing wrong.

Your page title made me smile (lost in translation) [h=3]Battery rental down for small riders![/h]
I’m a bigger chap not a small rider :slight_smile:

Yes I am lost in translation ! How can I say that in good english ? Help help !

For me I’d be better taking up one of the new offerings and paying the excess of 2.5p/mile.
So I’d save £100 a year but have to pay approx £22 in excess over 3 years! by dropping just one level

By taking the base level you save even more:-
[FONT=Verdana] € 30 / month to 2,500 km maximum / year
[/FONT][FONT=Verdana] £ 25 / month to 1500 m maximum / year
[/FONT]Current
£45 / month for 4500 m = £540 per year.
New
£25 / Month =£300 plus excess max 3000 x 0.025 = £7.50 = £ 307.5 per year saving £232.50 a year minimum.

In fact I’d be better paying the 2.5P mile and no rental! Even if I had to pay for recovery which is supposed to be included.

Renault need to re-consider the pricing.

I have just given RCI a call and this offer is only for new customers, apparently if you are an existing customer the lowest rate is £45 for 4500 miles. The chap explained that this was Renaults decision not to allow existing Twizy owners to go onto the lower tariffs. If you are a new Twizy owner then you can choose either 1500 miles @ £30 or 3000 miles at @ £35. Now is it just me or does this seem a bit unfair on the early adopters?

This would be very bad news if it is true. Yesterday, I asked this question to Renault Media and the answer was “yes you can change the duration and the milleage of your location if it is your wish and if it corresponds to your needs”. The text of the answer in French was : “[FONT=Helvetica]La location de Batterie reste ajustable à tout moment si le client souhaite le modifier en durée comme en kilométrage afin de s’adapter à ses besoins.” I’m trying to find more informations.[/FONT]

This would be quite aggravating if true. Yet again Renault prove they don’t really care about early adopters or existing customers, they only care about attracting new ones.

I am afraid that applies to all businesses, not just Renault. Look how Sky, BT, insurance companies etc all have special deals for new customers, but not for existing customers.

I believe that we have to wait and see. The non official information I have is that it could be some problem of “harmonization” between different services. Renault is a big machine ! I’ll let you know when I have further information.

Sell wife/GF the car and buy back ie. two new owners. Gives Renault Finance loads of paper work and they loose out. The contract said we could adjust it as it went on, so we should be able to choose a new tariff.

Also as you have the UK pricing and not my direct conversion, it looks like the £45 option is too high.
£30 - 1500
£5 more adds 1500 miles
£35 - 3000
So a £5 more would be another 1500 miles and should only be
£40 for 4500 and not the £45 we have now. So there is now a jump in the battery rental structure.

The current pricing works on chunks of 1500 miles but at £4.

[h=2]Battery Hire Monthly Prices at April 1st 2014[/h][FONT=Arial] [/FONT]
[TABLE=“width: 575, align: center”]
[TR=“bgcolor: #EBEBED”]
[TD]Battery Rental for Twizy including VAT (with Assistance for all breakdowns)
[/TD]
[TD=“colspan: 4”]Mile/Year
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Contract term*
[/TD]
[TD]4,500
[/TD]
[TD]6,000
[/TD]
[TD]7,500
[/TD]
[TD]9,000
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]12 months
[/TD]
[TD]£55
[/TD]
[TD]£59
[/TD]
[TD]£63
[/TD]
[TD]£67
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]24 months
[/TD]
[TD]£50
[/TD]
[TD]£54
[/TD]
[TD]£58
[/TD]
[TD]£62
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]36 months
[/TD]
[TD]£45
[/TD]
[TD]£49
[/TD]
[TD]£53
[/TD]
[TD]£57
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]48 months
[/TD]
[TD]£45
[/TD]
[TD]£49
[/TD]
[TD]£53
[/TD]
[TD]£57
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]60 months
[/TD]
[TD]£45
[/TD]
[TD]£49
[/TD]
[TD]£53
[/TD]
[TD]£57
[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]
[FONT=Arial] [/FONT]

I’m really sorry but it appears that the new offer is not for the “early adopters”. I had a phone call yesterday with RCI BATLOC and the answer is “NO”. It’s the same with Renault France on Twitter. It’s scandalous. But believe me the fight is not over.

I do not see how the new battery deal could be denied to existing users once their existing fixed-period contract had ended. This s no different to a new mobile phone tariff that offers (say) free 0800 calls. You need to join the tariff and you cannot do that until your existing minimum term is met.

The issue would become live if Renault stated no previously registered Twizy could access the new tariff. Alternatively, you could transfer the battery lease to a third party and THEN select the new arrangement, IF it was worth it to you.

Maybe you’re right but the contract itself indicates that the client can change when he wants the duration and the milleage in accordance with his needs…

It does indeed, however there are stipulated penalties to be paid if (for example) you want to turn a 3-year commitment to a 1-year one. Clearly this would make no sense as you would lose any benefit the lower price point would offer. However, if you were prepared to take this hit, I see no reason why RCI would not permit such a change.

[quote] Il ne fait, cependant, il ya des pénalités à payer si (par exemple) que vous souhaitez transformer un engagement de 3 ans à un 1 an celle prévue. Il est clair que ce ne serait pas logique que vous souhaitez perdre aucun avantage du point de prix inférieur offrirait. Toutefois, si vous étiez prêt à prendre ce coup, je ne vois pas pourquoi RCI ne permettrait pas à un tel changement. / Quote]
Yes the answer from RCI is simply “No”[/quote]

Yes - we know they say ‘non’ but not to a renewing customer, as it is too early for anyone to be in this position unless they took out a 1 year lease on the battery!

You’re right

At first the existing users should not be able to benefit from the new offer and it was a scandal. But the day before yesterday, I discussed a long time with Mr. Laurent Deloison executive manager of RCI Banque France (DIAC). He told me that Renault finally agreed that the existing users benefit from the new offer. This also applies to used vehicles. Wait a bit because everyone at Renault is not aware as it requires the information to be internally disseminated .

Thanks for the updates and taking time for find out.

A very interesting post thanx

So can I buy a new Twizy, insist on a 12 month £25 - 1500mi contract, and after that Stop. No more contract. IMHO with that kind of use I would expect another 4 years before it dropped to 50% capacity

Any comments pls - this could be a whole new ball of wax, but then I am a maverick Ebiker

BTW if its any consolation , my Toyota dealer can best be described as a shark ready to strip you finances, really quite unprincipled sales techniques, my neighbour had to sue, because he thought he’d signed a hp agreement and it turned out to be a lease agrrement. I service my own Aygo with the expert help of a local Tyre chain garage - Toyota 20k service £249 Tyre Chain £60 inc MOT. The saving grace is that Toyota are very reliable so shouldnt need trips to the dealer.
The day that changes so shall the car.

I havent heard any reliability issues with Twizzy? apart from the charger (all made in China anyway)