Battery conection twizy

hello
I am new around here,but woud apriciate a litle help…
Today i bot a twizy whit out battery. I conected the 42v lipo and the car dosent mowe…
Can enibodi help me.excuse mi english…

1 Like

Very interesting what you are trying to do and woulds love to see if you can get it working. @kennethnilsen69 is the only person on here who has done this on the Twizy and perhaps he can provide some pointers. I kinow others have had a look but the Controller needs to be reprogrammed and the software to do that was expensive.

1 Like

hi @milerza I am sorry I have to disappoint you now. You will never be able to start the car in this way.
All EV Battery must have a BMS that communicates with the controller, charger, dashboard and various other CAN bus devices in a car. if not all devices communicate properly and in the same language then it will never start.

I have started to make a CAN module that can simulate the original battery to a Twizy so that one can use non-original batteries in it. this goes pretty well and I can now use the original dashboard in my Twizy and I have also now found the commands I need to use the controller with original firmware on it.

1 Like

That’s a serious piece of development work you’re undertaking there Kenneth! You could have an absolutely fantastic business opportunity if you get that working to allow a production run!! Very good work Sir :slight_smile:

Thanks for leting me now.Keneth,realy apriciate.
Aparentli the guy who sold it to me wuz liyng by saying that he wuz driving whit lead acid baterys and to get it started al you hawe to do is bridge the small conector that is also pluged to the battery.probably the comunication whit dash and controler…An when i asked him which i hafe to bridge he wuz ful of excuses.
Thanks agan.

Drago

Ps
I have started to make a CAN module that can simulate the original battery to a Twizy so that one can use non-original batteries in it. this goes pretty well and I can now use the original dashboard in my Twizy and I have also now found the commands I need to use it Sevcon controller with original firmware.

Reali hope you make it. THUMBS UP

Thanks

Reali apriciated

The car that i bot wwuz reali chep 2400eur whit out battery.
It probably has more problems then i expected.
Hope Kenet cums up whit sumthing…

My unasked advise: bring your Twizy back to the guy who sold it to you and be glad with €2000,- refund.
You got into unchartered waters without the original battery and every experiment will cost you.

Hi,

I’m going to do the same. Based on OVMS project I prepared CAN frames which should comes from BMS. Because a workload this project must wait to June, but I hope that i can do this…The speedometer should comes from Sevcon, so only a part of dashboard messages comes from battery.

Please tell me if You have any success in Your project. Maybe You can share Your knowledge? I have good knowledge about the batteries at all (more than 3 years in battery supplier company in R&D), so maybe I han help You with another issues (sevcon, dtv customer etc?) Please send me materials acc Your existing status of the project

Hi Kenneth. I’m new on this forum, moreover I 'm new Twizy maniac without battery…I’m really impress when I see Yous 15s battery. I work more than 3 years for the battery supplier company, so I know what I say…really good job!

Please tell me if You have and could share with any materials according CAN transmission and battery low-voltage plugs in Twizy? In worst case I will rent a car to log all states. At this moment I have ovms based can frames prepared. Unfortunately there is no informations about starting sequence and charging sequence in ovms project but it is necessary to have this knowledge before I start to develop anything.