Battery Purchase

Renault have now announced that the Zoe and Kangoo will be available to purchase with the battery.
However Not the Twizy as no body wanted that according to Renault!

There is also no option to switch from Rental to ownership of the battery on either the Zoe or Kangoo.

The Zoe battery is just under £5k more. ie. at a monthly rental of £70 then the same as 6 years.
You loose the Renault ‘safety’ net after the 4 years, but Renault are expecting the batteries to last 10 years.

For me at £45 and a Twizy battery at approx £3000 then 5.5 years to break point. Perhaps after 5-6 years rental Renault could reduce the rental to a more acceptable level.

I hope Renault will eventually allow people to purchase their batteries (as they must in Norway) when buying a new Twizy and offer the rest of us the option to buy ours outright at the end of the 4 year contract period. This will get Renault off the hook (so to speak) of having either to arrive at a revised lease rate for a battery which will already be seriously depleted, or maintain the same rental rate for batteries that they will ultimately have to replace. For as long as we don’t own our batteries, Renault are obliged to guarantee a certain level of performance, and for a consumable item like a battery, that’s going to get more and more risky for Renault as time goes on. I’m hoping they’d prefer to get shot of them and have the customer decide what’s an acceptable level of battery performance.

I am once again disappointed. Say that no body wanted that is certainly a lie. I can say that a lot of people wanted and still want that in Europe, specially in Germany, France, Italy. Remember the petition signed by 150 twizy owners. So why such differences between our countries ? Why only in UK ? Why not the Twizy in UK ? Why not the actual owners ? That’s stupid !

It gets worse!

Depending on the range you select it is now cheaper to lease the much bigger Zoe battery than the Twizy one.

See the Renault site

No, no, in my opinion it’s extremely clever. Since the battery purchase option for british Renault customers is only a limited offer in order to test its acceptance.

I think, many people from all over Europe would like to import an electric Renault… if the steering wheel was not on the right side… :wink: Where is the steering wheel in the Twizy…? Got it?

In that case have you checked if the battery rental for the Zoe has come down in France or only in the UK.

If we cannot buy the battery we want a fair reduction in rental price. The Zoe battery rental is a lot better than we get. See below
[FONT=Arial]Z.E. FLEX[/FONT]
[TABLE=“width: 575, align: center”]
[TR]
[TD=“bgcolor: #3CB7CD”][FONT=inherit][FONT=inherit]Annual Mileage[/FONT][/FONT][/TD]
[TD=“bgcolor: #3CB7CD”][FONT=inherit][FONT=inherit]Up to 7,500[/FONT][/FONT][/TD]
[TD=“bgcolor: #3CB7CD”][FONT=inherit][FONT=inherit]9,000[/FONT][/FONT][/TD]
[TD=“bgcolor: #3CB7CD”][FONT=inherit][FONT=inherit]10,500[/FONT][/FONT][/TD]
[TD=“bgcolor: #3CB7CD”][FONT=inherit][FONT=inherit]12,000[/FONT][/FONT][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD][FONT=inherit]36M+ Contract[/FONT]
[/TD]
[TD][FONT=inherit]£50[/FONT]
[/TD]
[TD][FONT=inherit]£57[/FONT]
[/TD]
[TD][FONT=inherit]£65[/FONT]