Battery range on a motorway

Ok, its not ideal to use the Twizy on a motorway at all, but due to a road closure I ended up taking the motorway for 5 miles to the next junction. Being a Sunday it was not so busy, luckily, however what I noticed was the fact my range had increased and the driving eco bar was at max when I left the motorway.
I was flat out at the indicated 52 for the whole time, it wasn’t down hill, but neither was there any inclines.
Twizy actually felt quicker today than ever before, not sure if that was down to the fact, last few days its been rather mild.

Anybody else every had this same range increase when flat out??

1 Like

On the flat, the only serious power drains are acceleration and air resistance. Although the Twizy has an awful drag coefficient, air resistance probably uses a comparatively small proportion of the overall energy budget, given its low top speed. So you can maintain maximum speed for fairly low power, if you can maintain constant speed. And although you obviously use more power to go fast, you use it for less time - hence the respectable eco-score.

1 Like

I drive the Twizy on a motorway each day and find it to be the most efficient part of the journey although try to limit speed to under 60mph

1 Like