Electric battery Earn £175 per month from your EV!
BMW i3 wrapped in adverts

Brake replacement and tyres

Does anyone have recent experience of getting new brakes and tyres from other sources than Renault?

A friend has been quoted over £800 for this, which has been seen before, but he doesn’t want to go down the self install road and the last updates on here were a few years back.

thanks,

Faalken make the rear tyres, but the front ones are only made by continental. I was £118 for two front tyres for my twizy just last week. The rears are faalkens, and they were £100 the pair, and they’re more efficient and quieter than the conti Eco’s.

1 Like

I fitted Uniroyal Rain Expert 3 on the rear at £37.60 each (Oct 17). I see they are even cheaper now. They have been a great tyre. Your choice for front tyres is limited to Continental only.
I removed the rear discs including hubs and had the discs skimmed by a local engineering company which removed some pitting, corrosion and general unevenness.This was successful and huge saving on new disc/hub assemblies not to mention the saving on waste. Brake pads are available from a number of aftermarket manufacturers such as Apec, EBC and Borg & Beck. I fitted Apec.

2 Likes

I got Champiro ECO GT Radials fitted for 73€ in Spain and kept the old ones for drag races.

1 Like

Thanks for your comments guys

I bought new Continentals from www.mytyres…co.uk at the start of August 125/80/13 fronts at 45.30 each and 145/80/13 rears at 44.30 each. The fitting cost was £20 + £4 for disposal of old tyres.
I’m based near Reigate and had my Twizy from new in 2012 and covered 11,000 miles.

1 Like