Charging cables question

Forgive my ignorance, but I have some questions I’m hoping someone here can help me answer. My wife and I bought an used Ion yesterday. It came with two charging cables. One says it is “high speed” yet both are the same type- type 1 connector on the car end and a three prong plug on the other. The Ion has two charging ports, a “normal” one on the right side of the car with a type 1 connecter and a “fast” port on the left side with a CHADeMO connecter.

We are in the process of moving to England from the USA and are in the middle of buying a house, so we don’t have a residence at which to plug the car in for charging.

We went to several local charging stations locally and each one had a couple of type 2 connections and no tethered cables. Finally we got smart and looked online and discovered zap-map. Using that we found a nearby CHAdeMO station, they seem to be relatively few and far between. My first question is this: I’m assuming any station with a ChaDeMo connecter will always have a tethered cable, is that correct?

We’d like to get a cable with a type 2 connecter to use at the more numerous charging stations, but it is my understanding that there are no type 2 to CHAdeMO connecter cables. So that brings me to my second question: if I purchase a type 2 to type 1 connecter cable, I’ll be able to use charging stations with no tethered cables and only type 2 connecter ports, but I’ll have to plug them into the “normal” charging port on the car. So what kind of charging speed would I be getting in that scenario?

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help answer these questions.