Electric battery Earn £175 per month from your EV!
BMW i3 wrapped in adverts

End for the Twizy : Colibri

Visit autocar.co.uk and you will see news of the Innovative Colibri, a German Twizy. If all that’s written is true, I am sure that’s the end for the Twizy, because it has been bettered in all parameters.

I don’t think it will - how do you expect a new start, with no track record to be anything other than a curiosity? No dealer or service network will be the killer long before we get to price,

I think that day will come when McLaren finally licenses the T.27 and it gets built…

…but strong interest in that could spark interest in used Twizys at a lower price point.

The T27 has got nothing to do with McLaren. It’s GMD, Gordon Murray Design. Actually GMD has teamed up with Yamaha now and has produced a prototype called the Motiv which they have shown in the Tokyo motor show to test reactions and will decide on production thereafter. To be honest, I don’t think much of it.

Sorry my mistake-I rang up and spoke to a chap at GMD when it was on Fifth Gear; GM designed the McLaren…

I quite like it!

Visit autocar.co.uk and you will see news of the Innovative Colibri, a German Twizy. If all that’s written is true, I am sure that’s the end for the Twizy, because it has been bettered in all parameters.

Shame it’s only a Single Seater :frowning:

Andy

there’s also another diference - its a car, not a quadcicle. That means you need a license while in Portugal a 16 year old can drive my Twizy 80. And a lot of the charm of the Twizy is its mad looks, not the car itself. I am sure the germans will sell plenty of them but it wont turn heads like the twizy

Good point. You are absolutely right about the look and the charm of the Twizy that sells it. If they can just design it to be weather proof for countries like the UK.

The Twizy is weather proof, it’s the users that aren’t. :rolleyes:

You’ve got a point!!

Too right, use mine rain , shine or snow.
Mind you I am borderline insane :smiley:

I registered my interest in the Colibri and I received a PDF and Shockwave Presentation via email.
It says that the car will be classed as a L7E which according to the 'Net is a Heavy Quadricycle, same as the Twizy :slight_smile:

Andy

Another Snippet of information I got was that the car will have a 2 Speed Automatic gearbox to aid with Highway Speeds.

Andy