EV charging survey

Dear EVOwner members,

with some of my friends we are running a thought-experiment on charging points, and how to make them more available. Would it be OK to ask you fill out a very quick (~1min) survey to help us with your opinion? Here is the survey: https://www.surveymonkey.de/r/GSRQRPW.

Thank you very much in advance!

Kind regards,
Sandor

Hi Sandor - Looking at your survey, I am not sure it is asking the right questions when it comes to charging points being more accessible, cost effective to install, or conveniently located.

Understanding the various environments in which you would find a charge point would be my first question: Private (rented or owned), Public or Govt owned.

Given the charge time being more than 5mins, when in the schedule of the EV owner would be the best to leave the vehicle to charge - During work, at home overnight, out getting groceries - identify the opportunity in which one would spend the time to charge.

Location being essential to offer the opportunity would be relevant. Where would people park during work? would infrastructure be available and how much of one at grocery stores? At home - installation experiences, including isolator switches by the Distribution companies (easy install scheduling, costs), to the actual gear to be installed. If it is in an apartment building, the complexities of parking become even more entangled.

The questions you have asked are:

1. Do you own solar PV or Battery Storage?
  2. Would you be willing to utilise your charging point to generate additional revenue?
  3. Do you think there are enough charging points in your country?
  4. If you own an EV, do you think your receiving fair rates to charge your vehicle on public?
  5. How easy is it to find and use a charging point in your country? (1 = very hard, 5 = very easy)

I don’t see how 1 helps in regards to having convenient charging? Item 2 is a secondary benefit if your needs are being met. With 3, it is a perceived opinion based on tools available such as charge point maps, planning, and charging network access - everyone could say there are not enough of them. As for rates - that’s a complex one, given network, access, location, etc comes into play. How easy? again, much like number 3.

Just some feedback and an opinion on the survey.