Electric battery Earn £175 per month from your EV!
BMW i3 wrapped in adverts

How far can I get on a charge?

Well it depends on your journey, speed, air temp, wind speed, and solar flares.

//youtu.be/_i5k_5mVgIc

It was an funny trip met some odd people at that time of day. It was also a lot of fun on empty roads.

Broke out in a sweat when I hit Parkgate thinking will I make it back. This trip was unplanned, but could not have got the distance more spot on if I tried!!!

That was brave of you. Cant believe the ground you covered, and all for less than a pound.
Was it satisfying getting ahead of the blue car by Clatterbridge after he had passed you on the lanes?
Are you sure on the mileage as it seems an awful lot further, knowing those roads.

Yes I am sure. I record my miles and cost of each charge.

as for the BMW, I have no idea why he did not pass me again. You could hear his super charger a mile off.

i was going to do another trip this weekend, but was shattered.

Want to see if range is better on a hotter day. Today would have been good.

By the way my brother is not Paul Sheridan but Paul the General Manager at Wirral.

[quote=“Bassflex;4747”]Yes I am sure. I record my miles and cost of each charge.

as for the BMW, I have no idea why he did not pass me again. You could hear his super charger a mile off.

i was going to do another trip this weekend, but was shattered.

Want to see if range is better on a hotter day. Today would have been good.[/quote]

If you’re doing that by hand then it’s certainly time to invest in OVMS! I know zero carbon world will have some for sale soon. I’ve configure mine to log trips, and use a raspberry pi every night to download and record the daily, weekly and monthly logs!

Another trip.

//youtu.be/RrW8gSwJtF4

Youtube stability option has ruined the text.

Every time i watch your road trips i keep thinking, “right hes heading home now”. Then you go off a different way and keep going.
Really surprising the ground you cover. Knowing those roads i would guesstimate you covered an awful lot more distance than the reality.
Love them and keep them coming.

Just got back from a friend’s BBQ, a round trip of 40 miles. Thought I would be a bit adventurous and take the Twizy and check out its range. I was doing mainly between 35-40 mph. Got back and it still has 12 miles range on the clock and 3 bars left. Quite pleased with that. Oh, forgot to mention, the Twizy caused a bit of a stir!!

35 to 40 is the way to do it. Now the temperature is almost up to seasonal norm, our range + trip distance has gone back up to 50 to 55 too.

Trouble is being stopped by water on 3 sides makes going somewhere different hard. Trying to think where to go next. There are some areas I would just choose to avoid.

I know what and probably where you mean. Must say you could do a good job for the Wirral tourist board, (do we have one?, can we afford one?). Would you do a Chester return trip? I would worry but its probably well within range.

I have thought about it, going down the back roads.

i would get there, just not sure on the return trip.

today would be a great day to do it, beautiful day and hot.

About 20 miles on the back roads i reckon. It would certainly get attention today parked on the river whilst you have an ice cream.
My daughters friends dad works in Chester and was asking me about suitability for commuting there when i last had a Twizy.
I said well within if you can charge it at work.

Today, I managed 60 Wh/Km, which is about 95.56 Wh/Mile. I drove 30.2 miles, and had 41% SOC when I got back. After recharging, it says 64 miles estimated. That’s by far the highest range estimate I’ve ever had!

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3710/9007496344_3239806ea4_z.jpg

Too bad I’m going to be driving it at 50 mph tonight for 20 miles :frowning: That’ll kill the range estimate!

Nikki.

2002 happy miles now complete!

Does the Twizy record its own consumption - not when used, but at the input from a public charging post? I can certainly check at home with a plug top consumption meter, but once away from base and wanting a boost, there appears to way to know what you took - or am I wrong?

Most charge points will tell you how much electricity you have taken.

It might, though it doesn’t display it, of course. I always measure the “wall” watt-hours because I’m mostly interested in reducing my transport energy usage. Battery watt-hours are a more useful if you are mainly interested in range. As near as I can tell (from our Kangoo van, which DOES record and display its battery consumption directly) the efficiency of the battery charging process is about 80% to 85%. We’re currently getting 110 to 120 wh/mile which would equate to around 95 to 105 wh/mile from the battery.

Electrobay certainly doesn’t - Chargemaster does, but only fleetingly when you unplug - the rest were Type 2 and I couldn’t try them.

Yesterday I covered 42 miles on a single charge on the IOW, probably the hottest day of the year.

Just managed to get back home on the last bit of the battery, the trip between Chale and Shanklin is very hilly and the battery meter was disappearing fast, lucky for some of those big hills to regen some power on the way down, if i did the trip the other way around I would have not made it on a single charge.

TOP speed was 54mph and the rest was done in the 30-40mph region, may the summer continue…