Electric battery Earn £175 per month from your EV!
BMW i3 wrapped in adverts

Looking for alternative mounts for the parrot bluetooth screen

I don’t have the Renault kit, but I am looking for a small mount for the display screen, I don’t really want to place it up high like the Renault one, somewhere near the dash or on the windscreen will be good, I can then just slide it off and put it away like you do a sat nav.

I don’t trust the double sided tape, as I feel it won’t last, taking it on and off the mount, it’s quite firm.

Thanks.

Look at a universal mobile phone car mount. These will stick to the windscreen allowing you to position it at the right angle and the £2 one I got will hold small items as well as larger phones. I haven’t got the Parrot kit so cannot test.

The benefit of the Renault one is that it is to all intents and purposes, invisible from the exterior. I’m currently using a sucker holder on the window, but it gets in the way of the lids of the storage compartments, and looks ‘interesting’ to passers by, especially if you gave no doors or windows.

I’m saving up for the Parrot Kit as I think it will be a useful investment.

Did you see where I mounted my Display?

http://www.twizyowners.com/showthread.php/830-Parrot-Mki9100-Installation-Pictures

I didn’t trust the double-sided tape either and screwed mine in with 2 x small self tapping screws.
Can’t see them when the display is fitted and it is still removable :smiley:

The benefit of the Renault one is that it is to all intents and purposes, invisible from the exterior.

With the position I mounted my display it is less noticeable than the official Renault Mount and it’s removable :slight_smile:

Andy

My reason for not going for the Renault kit is the speaker quality (they are just paper), like a lot of factory speakers they are just £10 speakers, I also liked the screen on the 9200 a lot better than the 9100… I will be fitting this flexible mount for now, its not really in the way of the screen view, as the binnacle is in the way, and it clears the lid…

Not a Halfords fan, but it will do for now…I hope