Losing battery power main battery

I had an issue with my main charger after having tried to charge the Twizy with a gasoline generator. It stopped to work after a peak from the gas generator.
I got help to open the charger and replaced a varistor and voila it did work again. I can now charge the main battery.

Now after this I see that the main battery is continously loosing power. I charge it up to max and then it quickly looses down to 98% and then further on about 1-1,5% a day.

First I thougt it might be the 12v battery that got a spike from the gas generator somehow, I replaced it.
(when pulling it out it had 13,7v!!, now still 13v 3 days later) but it seems to continue even after replacing it.

-Anyhow I need to see where Im loosing the energy,
anyone that nows where and how to troubleshoot and start? -Start with fuses?
Thanks a million for tips and tricks

I have the latest generation of charger and my traction battery loses around 30% per month.

At first this bothered me and I considered fitting some kind of master switch on the 12v battery.

But, when I gave it some thought, it’s only just over £3 worth of electricity per year.

It also means the traction battery doesn’t sit at the same state for a long time. I suspect having to recharge 4 times per year is probably a good thing for the traction battery.

Another benefit, I find, is if I charge then unplug the Twizy. The ~2% lost over night allows room for regent to work straight away.

In short, I don’t think it’s anything to worry about.

1 Like

The traction battery, when left for longer time, is actually best stored at 50% at 20 celcius. Sitting at same state of charge does not damage the battery except if it is close to 100% or close to 0%.

1 Like

thank you for your replies //Thomas

How do you even know which battery is charged/losing? I just plug mine in until it says 100% charged, then unplug it! Am i seriously under caring for my twizy?!

Had my Twizy for more than 8 years and always charge the battery to 100% after using it , SOH shows 100% and the mileage is just over 9000 miles.
Battery management is a black art if you read all the theories :grin:

Just the 12V battery doesn’t last long because the car can sit for months whilst I’m away working. On my 4th 12V battery. :rofl:

1 Like

Thanks! Yes, the posts on here are mind blowing to me! I’d love a heater, but I think I need a university degree in electronics according to the folk on here, so I’ll just use my twizy blanket!

Get a little electric seat warmer and put it inside the blanket. Plug it into the 12v and away you go.
You can even get heated jackets if you really want. (Eg. Heated Jacket, https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B08DG5L98S/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_W44HSHKXSKP7JSCCH160?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1) ).