Electric battery Earn £175 per month from your EV!
BMW i3 wrapped in adverts

M365 Electric Scooter

Anyone else have a M365 electric scooter?
Took mine for a run today…thinking about how it could be boosted :grin:
Great little thing - fits on back seat of Twizy and can save you from a bit of walking. Not strictly legal yet though…thanks to some very old laws.

1 Like

Something else I’ve wanted for a little while but not taken the plunge. I’ll wait till the laws change before getting one as I don’t want the hassle from the police.

If the gov do stick with their initial guidance I’ll be looking for something with the full 500w :grin:

1 Like

250w isnt really enough. I have seen one or two with mods to make them quicker…sure there is someone who would know how on here? Got to be simple really if you know how.
I cant believe any policeman would waste his time actually writing a ticket out for one - unless you were being particularly stupid. I follow the cycle lanes around the village…really lazy!

Have you used the firmware hacks yet to increase performance?

No…tell me more?! :flushed:

Right…looked it up. It’s a downgrade / custom firmware thing. Not sure if the loophole has been closed as mine doesnt seem to want to accept the custom firmware.

Now I did just find these…might fit a Twizy…

Have you tried this app to downgrade?

If that doesn’t work, the ST-Link cable is the only way to do it. Depends how bad you want moar speeeeeed :grinning:

From what I understand - after looking into this - the st link has been superseded by downg.

Newer models have to have the bluetooth downgraded first- as they shut off a loophole that meant people could hijack the scooters and remotely control them. Once this has changed - you can.roll back the firmware to a custom designed one - with any variable you choose - albeit keeping within parameters to ensure it doesnt explode!

I cant seem to get the downg to accept - it keeps timing out and saying “cancelled due to retry”.
Have tried various different sources for the zip files.

I dont know if it is because mine is specifically a ninebot - but I do not think it is the issue.

Will keep trying! When I first had the scooter it was noticeably better - then on an upgrade it slowed down - I thought it was a sticking brake - which I have subsequently fixed - but now miss the speed!

Have ordered the pro upgrade screen - and will see if this helps at all.

Thanks for mentioning this to me - my weekend has now become scooter hacking! :rofl:

So two failed attempts to revise the firmware (modifying the BLE module) and reloading custom parameters. Managed to do something- now my accelerator is a regen brake…oops - something is backwards!
Then a failed attempt to upgrade the screen to the new pro version… m365 original wiring doesnt seem totally comparable - no connectors match - and only some wire colours…
Back the the drawing board on that one…

That’s a shame the replacement screen doesn’t seem to be compatible. I’ve seen a few videos and guides online which seem to show it as a drop in replacement - and every time their wiring colours and connectors always match up. Guess you’ve got an oddball scooter there!

I think it is “early adopter” punishment. I have seen all the videos - and it is supposed to be plug and play. Mine is a March 2017 build - ninebot - so seems a little different. Ordered 3 screens now and all not compatible. Now I just want it working again! :sleepy:

I have two of those.
I use this page to create a firmware file, then m365_downg to update.
https://m365.botox.bz/
You need to make sure you have the version with dual fuses.

Both mine do 30kmh now, and pull around 800w peak.

1 Like

Wow. That is exactly the plan for mine. They are alot better that way! Have u the original or pro?

I just cant get a screen connected again as the connector broke of the circuit board - ordered replacements but the connectors dont match.
When it was working it wouldnt accept a BLe downgrade or any firmware - it time out. So now I need to connect the st link dongle I have. Was supposed to be a 30 minute upgrade and ended up taking weeks!
On m365 tools it said I have one fuse, but my serial number is a EU version which all had two fuses. :flushed::thinking:

I have the non-pros.
I did try fitting a Pro-board on one of them, but it was just messy. A lot more hassle to upgrade. Just keep it stock, with new firmware.

I will try the stlink to reset it. Just need to solder the GTP5 4pin connector back to the circuit board. But don’t know what order now it broken.