Motor or tranny bearing issue?

I am having an awkward vibration when I cruise over 50 km/h like gears grind or a bearing is almost dead.

Anybody knows of such common issue?

Noticed it very intensely when I was rolling down hill.
No vibration at reku. Vibration starts when I start stepping on the accelerator and the motor kicks in. The more I step on the acceleration the less the vibration gets.

Clues?

Mine was the gearbox the diff I believe to be exact changed under warranty at 1000 miles

Really??? Farts!!!
Did it feel like my description??

Anyone else has a common experience?

Unfortunately yes it started of as an overun noise which then developed into a high speed shreik over the miles. eventually as I went from on throttle to off throttle it was clunking as well sorry There was metal in the oil when it was drained

Thank you Peter.

I guess I’ll check my oil drain plug if there is any metal particles on that magnet.

Mine feels like a bad bearing or a gear grinding when the motor kicks in

Allegedly the gearboxes are right on the limit of these motors maybe the powerbox is a step to far…

that is a thought. however there are so many powerboxes out there… and i have driven so little with mine…

I did have that sound and feel way before the powerbox.

Unfortunately they never fix themselves do they as I keep on saying to my friend Dave

hahaha… I will upgrade that MoFo too, with better components

Hi Alex
I reported a bad vibration a few months ago with my Twizy, but nobody had suffered the problem.
Mine has 14,500 miles on the clock and still does it.
It does it intermittently but I can reproduce it if I really try.
I get a bad vibration when slowing down from high speed and on a part throttle, it feels really bad and you can feel it thru’ the whole car.
As soon as the fault clears the car behaves perfectly for days at a time.
The other time I have created it is when going down a really steep hill and trying to override the Limiter to get a bit more top speed, again on a part throttle.
I am beginning to think it is a electrical issue with the Regen circuit not making up its mind what to do!
Like I said mine has been doing it for months and is still running great at all other times.
My Twizy has never (yet…) had a Powerbox fitted.

Andy

Thanx Andy. That gives me some hope