My list of suggested improvements for Twizy II

Overall the Twizy is an enjoyable car to drive but I would be open to changing in 3 years to a new twizy if there are some key improvements.

1. Cupholders that are designed not to spill drinks when the twizy goes over a speed bump.

2. An option for a DAB radio or a built in DAB antenna for a third party option

3. Enough power to cruise at 60 minimum

4. Greater range so that you dont have to watch the bars so much, say 120 miles

5. Seat belt spacer on right hand side for big people!

6. Plug that fits a regular Wallpod!

7. Sun Visor - or dimmable glass!

8. A fix for the condensation issue

9. I would like to see a small increase in legnth (but wouldnt we all!) so that the rear was more usable

My list of nice to haves…

1. A tow hook

2. A cycle carrier for my electric twizy bike over the back

3. Charge Twizy via solar as it drives

4. Charge Twizy via WIFI? Is that possible… probably not

5. A Twizy that is built as a car perhaps that costs the same yet qualifies for £5k subsidy.

6. A Twizy that fast charges in 15 minutes

What do you guys think?

Overall the Twizy is an enjoyable car to drive but I would be open to changing in 3 years to a new twizy if there are some key improvements.
Agreed but here is my view on your points, we all have different needs and my current one is for 3 seats, not 4!

1. Cupholders that are designed not to spill drinks when the twizy goes over a speed bump.
    To do this, we would need adjustable suspension. Selectable by the driver from the current hard to something sloppy. Or even an auto setting that senses the way you are driving.

2. An option for a DAB radio or a built in DAB antenna for a third party option
    An option.

3. Enough power to cruise at 60 minimum
    Are you not looking a Zoe then?

4. Greater range so that you dont have to watch the bars so much, say 120 miles
    Should be an option in 3 years time - I hope.

5. Seat belt spacer on right hand side for big people!
    I’m considered big, But not tall like you. I don’t have an issue but accept some would.

6. Plug that fits a regular Wallpod!
    Ha Ha, you Londoners!

7. Sun Visor - or dimmable glass!
    Now this something I like, in the Winter I will need a sun visor. The dimmable glass fits with the initial Twizy design concepts.

8. A fix for the condensation issue
    Yet to see this issue, even two up in heavy rain, so cannot comment.

9. I would like to see a small increase in legnth (but wouldnt we all!) so that the rear was more usable
    As I said 2 rear seats

My list of nice to haves…

1. A tow hook
    To tow with or to be towed? the ability to take a small trailer (like a cycle or motor cycle one would be nice). Tow hook on front is already there.

2. A cycle carrier for my electric twizy bike over the back
    Yep good idea. I saw some concept drawings of this idea. Not convinced the current plastic body is up to a cycle carrier. But I’m sure the bottom support could be made and bolted on underneath.

3. Charge Twizy via solar as it drives
    Now don’t be silly 8kw to charge, 10 Hours parked in perfect sun needs 800 watts of panels or 3.2 Full sized house panels. Where the heck do you put those on the Twizy roof and how does it cope with the weight? As a nice to have fine but a bit optimistic. A top up system would be possible, and certainly one for the 12v system.

4. Charge Twizy via WIFI? Is that possible… probably not
    I understand what you mean and James found a bit about Renault working with a 3rd party on this.

5. A Twizy that is built as a car perhaps that costs the same yet qualifies for £5k subsidy.
    and why not, except Renault would add 5K before offering it to have the 5K removed. Yes Lightly I’m cynical as well.

6. A Twizy that fast charges in 15 minutes
    The new batteries should allow a drop charge so may be possible in 3 years.

You did ask what we thought!

You don’t ask for much do you? :smiley:

I have to say, a “sun strip” is really needed. How about a window on the back? Suspensions on the seats? Optional doors with windows?

I think my top three improvements would be:

[LIST=1]
*]Range
*]Speed
*]Comfort.
[/LIST]

A 100 mile range would be nice. But a true 100 mile range, not a quoted range but then you can realistically only get 70 miles out of it.

IMO it has to do 60mph minimum.

The next Twizy also has to have much improved suspension and build quality for the money.

After 10 days of ownership, my 2¢ worth:

• interior light, esp. near to ignition key
  • increase the regen braking, and make sure “brake” light is activated when braking under regen
  • make the handbrake a little less confusing to release

Simon

Get a stick on LED battery light for now? An interior LED low drain light would be handy if it was totally deactivated with keys out to save forgetting to switch off!
Would disagree with the brake light on regen-it would confuse people behind. Perhaps if it activated below 10mph?

The handbrake is the worst feature of the Twizy (in conjunction with a too short seatbelt if wearing bulky clothes) as it is hard to reach/operate, there are loads of cases where people have pulled in too far and got it stuck. The thing should be slightly lower, slightly longer, much narrower and with the release button on the right side of it. If you don’t use it at “idle” the infernal beeping comes unless you waste power by keeping your foot on the brake or slightly on the throttle. Daft!

Liked the look of the boot on the version for the Firebrigade. Should be able to do similar without losing the rear seat on a civilian version.

Just brainstormed for a while. Here’s what I got (prices not yet final and kinda random :slight_smile: )
[size=3]Twizy Urban - £6,500
[/size]**Replaces Twizy 45 models
Comes only in one color
Limited to 30 mph
Driving range: 60 miles at 30 mph
Includes:
**- Built-in Bluetooth Audio System

• Removable batteries

Options:

• Scissor doors - £400.00
  • Rear parking sensors - £100.00
  • Anti lift alarm - £150.00

[size=3]Twizy Technic - £8,000[/size]
Replaces Twizy 80 models
Most popular model
Limited to 60 mph
Driving range: 60 miles at 30 mph
Driving range: 45 miles at 60 mph
Includes:**

• Build-in Bluetooth Audio System
  • Clear Sky Roof
  • Scissor Doors
  • Removable batteries
  • Fast charging cable

Options:

• Rear parking sensors - £100.00
  • Leisure bag - £100.00
  • Blanket - £100.00
  • Scissor door windows - £400.00
  • Anti lift alarm - £150.00

Colors:

• Interior: Red

• Interior: Blue

• Interior: Green

• Interior: Black

• Interior: White

• Exterior: Grey

• Exterior: Black

• Exterior: White
    [size=3]
    Twizy Family - £8,900[/size]
    Includes three seats: one in front and two rear seats
    Includes slightly wider design
    Includes slightly wider battery
    Limited to 60 mph
    Actual driving range: 75 miles at 30 mph
    Actual driving range: 60 miles at 60 mph

Includes:

• Build-in Bluetooth Audio System
  • Clear Sky Roof
  • Scissor Doors
  • Scissor door windows
  • Rear Parking Sensors
  • Removable batteries
  • Fast charging cable

Options:

• Leisure bag - £100.00
  • Blanket - £100.00
  • Anti Lift alarm - £150.00
  • Heater - £350.00
  • Air Conditioning - £350.00
  • Cruise Control - £450.00
    [size=3]
    **Twizy Bike - £3,000
    **[size=2][/size][/size]The Twizy bike is a new kind of never-before seen mobile, which acts like a Twizy car with bike pedals and is small enough to drive on a bike lane. You can drive it like a normal, small car. You and your possible passenger can turn the pedals on your feet to charge the battery, increasing your range and/or speed, depending on your preference. (So you can still turn the pedals while standing still at a traffic light, just charging without going faster; or have the pedal turning help the battery like a normal electric bike by increasing your speed; or a bit of both.)
    Maximum one passenger and one driver. The passenger can also turn pedals, as on a tandem. The driver can steer and turn pedals.
    Limited to 15 miles per hour.
    Limited to 20 miles range, excluding battery charge by turning pedals.

[FONT=Arial][size=3][FONT=Arial][size=3][LEFT]Twizy Urban and Technic won’t change for the 2013 range!!!:geek:

However we have done a couple of things in house which I will put it on youtube [/LEFT][/size][/FONT][/size][/FONT]

I’d like to see a three wheeled version so you can drive it in a bus lane and park in motorbike bays. Also maybe a petrol version?

I’m beginning to think that the Twizy probably isn’t the car for you8-|

Some sort of gaiter around the steering column where it goes through the floor; the draught up my right leg is unwelcome.
Softer suspension
Bit more padding on the seats
A plug that fits Rolec Wall Pods
A longer lead

Some kind of parts back up, been waiting for a hub for a month now :frowning:

A KERS option.

Can’t spot anything on youtube - interested to know what you have done (I have 1st Twizy sold in UK from London West but have had no contact from LW or Renault in nearly a year now)