Electric battery Earn £175 per month from your EV!
BMW i3 wrapped in adverts

New Forum

Twizyowners,

I’m at the very beginning of a process to convert this forum to a new piece of software that is much more up to date and user friendly.

However, it’s so new that there exists no automatic way to do this, so I will have to write a script to grab the information from this forum and transfer it to the new one. If you’d like to help with this, please make yourself known :slight_smile:

In case you’re curious, the software Twizyowners will use in the future is Discourse (http://www.discourse.org/). For those in the know, it’s a Rails backend with an Ember.js frontend.

Therefore, I’d like to just get some feedback from you guys on a. What you think of the new software by clicking the link above and trying it out (bear in mind that that is a base version and I can completely customise it to our needs as a community) and b. what parts of this forum are most important for me to transfer over for you as an individual.

Obviously I’ll be moving all user accounts, topics and posts over, but is there any part of this forum that you’d hate to lose? I can’t make any promises but I’ll do my best to keep everything intact when I finally make the move.

Hi, James. Sorry I can’t make any contribution. What you mentioned in your posting goes right over my head. Do what you feel is right and you will always have my support. Thanks once again for the hard work you put in to keep the forum going. There are not that many of us Twizy owners, so its really useful and nice for us to have a place to “meet” up. I still have not come across another Twizy on the road!!

Hi James, all work appreciated, could do with a more active “daft chat/lounge” area where people can discuss matters of the day and increase site traffic and let people discover more about each other rather than just tech stuff about the cars.

Check out BriSkoda “off topic chat”.

All the best!

Good luck with that James, all a mystery to me I am afraid , glad you are keeping up the good work :slight_smile: