Electric battery Earn £175 per month from your EV!
BMW i3 wrapped in adverts

Newbie question - Battery & stop light on

Hi
A few times recently the ‘Battery’ & ‘Stop’ light stay on after starting. They go off after about 5 mins of driving. Has anybody else had this or should I contact the dealer. The Twizy is 6 months old and old done about 500 miles.
Cheers
Dave

Contact the dealer but sounds like your 12v Accessory battery may not be holding it’s charge.
Once it has gone out, if you turn off the car off wait 2 mins and re-start do the lights go straight out or do they stay on for a while?

Thanks for your quick response. They come on again, but if I try a few times with the ignition they go out. The ‘N’ light also starts to flash for some reason.

I’ve contacted the dealer so hopefully they can help.

Thanks again

Hi djk130,

Did you ever get this problem solved? I’m experiencing the same thing ever so often and even after I changed the 12v battery, I still have the problem. The display also flashes rapidly sometimes when I begin charging. Did you experience that as well?

Thanks for your help.

Best regards,
Mads

Hi Mads

Yes, the dealer changed the 12v battery and everything was solved. No, I don’t recall the display flashing, other than the ‘N’ light. I haven’t had the problem again

I hope this helps

Dave

Thanks for your reply :slight_smile: