No main lights

Hi. So was gonna drive home yesterday, and noticed that the lights dont work… The parking lights and the high beam works. But not normal driving lights, it worked earlier in the day. anyone have any idea why this is? :o

Sounds like the fuse

Yeah i was thinking the same, but shouldnt the high beams stop working allso then?

Might be worth checking this from an earlier post…

1 Like

It was the fuse that had blown, since replacing it I have had no problems (Touch Wood!)
I think the circuit is a little under-rated, 2 x 55w bulbs use 110 watts, divided ny 12 volts equals 9.16 amps
I keep thinking about replacing the bulbs with LED’s which will solve that problem.

Andy

1 Like

I did just that Andy and they now draw less than 3A and are brighter and better than the halogens. Buy decent ones though, as the cheap Chinese rubbish have badly defined cut-offs and are both ineffective and blinding to other drivers, at the same time. Phillips bulbs are very good and are the ones I have.

Do you have a link to the bulbs you fitted?
Are they just a straight swap?

Andy

They are a straight swap and these have the advantage of an adjustable ‘chuck’ which allows for accurate tweaking of the cut-offs etc. You will be horrified at the price (although they do currently have a 20% Sale on), but like I said, cheap Chinese rubbish is just that…

Phillips 5th Gen LED H4s

@R1NGA dont RING do H4 bulbs? :grin:

I’ve got a set of these arriving hopefully tomorrow and can report back…
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/H4-252W-25200LM-PHILIPS-LED-Headlight-Kit-Hi-Low-Beam-Bulb-White-6000K-Power-/282474393492?hash=item41c4c92f94:g:EloAAOSwrhBZFX1C

[quote]They are a straight swap and these have the advantage of an adjustable ‘chuck’ which allows for accurate tweaking of the cut-offs etc. You will be horrified at the price (although they do currently have a 20% Sale on), but like I said, cheap Chinese rubbish is just that…

Phillips 5th Gen LED H4s
[/quote]

£139 :open_mouth:
Wow, definitely not cheap!
I’ve just got up off of the floor! :smiley:
I will have to start saving!

Andy

Please keep us informed, I will be very interested in there performance :slight_smile:

Andy

Indeed - fascinated to hear about these. If they really are over 25,000Lm, then they are laser-space-station bright and according to the specs they draw 252W, which is over 20A, so take care with that wiring. If they are what they say they are though, then you’ll have the brightest Twizy in the UK I reckon!