Electric battery Earn £175 per month from your EV!
BMW i3 wrapped in adverts

Pod Point

Hi Another,

Another charge point company.

I went to M&S before Christmas, and I asked about the charge point.

Well after lots of flapping and trying to find the demo card to show it off, basically they did not have it but sent me to this website.

http://www.pod-point.com/home/live-availability/

Looks like a good spread.

Same deal as others I think £10 for the card for the year.

Not seen this meantioned on here before so forgive me if I missed it and I am already telling you what you already know.

Went to the new Sainsbury Superstore tonight that has opened in Leicester.
Going into the Car Park I saw a Electric car sign so curiosity got me and I followed them.
Turns out Sainsbury have fitted 5 (I Think) Pod-Point Posts.
it was dark so had difficulty reading what could be plugged into them.
I must see about getting one of these cards so I can expand the Twizy’s horizons :smiley:

Andy

Many of the new PodPoints are now 2 x Type 2, so no use without a convertor. I cannot use the posts in my area without one.

Cannot vouch for it but here is an adaptor cable on Ebay. Item 321257666772

Well I can ‘unvouch’ for it, the price is pretty close to retail, however add in the postage and it is a rip-off - and let us not forget this isn’t a BIN, but a starting price! One to avoid methinks.

The main downside is the 13a socket is totally unprotected from moisture, but best of all it is an open invitation for someone to unplug your Twizy or ‘accidentally’ cause an immediate disconnection by carelessly walking between the post and the EV. Most of the pro leads I have seen provide an enclosed 13a socket with a latching cover which at least offers less of an invitation, and are slightly cheaper too!

You would have to purchase on of these too…

Most of the pro leads I have seen provide an enclosed 13a socket with a latching cover which at least offers less of an invitation, and are slightly cheaper too!

Do you have a Link by any chance?..

Andy

Sure - sold by energysolutions.co.uk. We might get a bulk deal if enough want one…?

cant charge up anywhere but at home im furious as before I purchased care there were loads of 3 pin points in sunderland, then they took them out!!! can someone reply about an adaptor as im clueless. also need seatbelt extension, haven’t a clue where to get one. also don’t have a handbook, Renault disinterested!! thanks

The handbook is available online from the Renault Twizy website. As to the lead, there are a few suppliers (even eBay) but I prefer the one pictured above as it is more secure. Yes, the removal of 13a is a real pain, but as we are a minority, there’s little we can do. If a few of us get together, we can possibly source these leads in bulk for a better price.

See above for the adaptor cable you required.
See here http://www.twizyowners.com/showthread.php/13-Technical-Guides?p=21#post21 ie. in this site for the handbook go to the site and download (Top right)
For the seat belt extension that is a bit trickier. If you do not have doors you need to use both seat belts and the right hand one cannot be easily extended. Just google “seat belt extension” for the 3 point belt extender.