Electric battery Earn £175 per month from your EV!
BMW i3 wrapped in adverts

PowerBox settings

Hi,

I’ve had a PowerBox BT for a few weeks now and love more responsive character and ability to check the battery etc but I haven’t changed any of the other settings, too busy working flat out at home since lockdown!

I see you can change the regen settings. I’d be interested in the settings people have decided on and why. I suppose i’m looking for a more aggressive setting that wont lock up my standard wheels.

Also what mode do people tend to run it in MaxPower or Medium? I started off with MaxPower but decided to drop it to Medium as I think it’s a good compromise and I don’t get the beeping every time I accelerate.

How about the foot-break setting, I think that engages more regen when pressed doesn’t it?

Oh actually the other thing I have changed is the charging to 90%.

It’s quite hilly where I live and with the Twizy in max power the following settings work well for me:

Regen = 100

Foot Brake = 250

The settings are a percentage (x10) of full current so, as I found, have different effects depending on tuning.

:slight_smile:

Just found my manual - so it says the Regen and Footbreak can be set between 1 and 1000 and the default is 181 for Regen and 250 for footbreak.
So you are using less regen that default and almost the default break @peter-ss, is that right?
Not too hilly in my area of Oxon (there are a few on the route to work). I’m tempted to put he regen up a little so it will be similar to our Smart EQ which you can really use when approaching roundabouts/junctions rather than using the breaks.

i’m in medium mode with the default settings for regen and footbrake, this has been the best mode for me on standard wheels.

occasionally I can get the red stop light and the beep if I’m heavy on the throttle in the hot weather going up a steep hill two up inside. :grin:

My original settings were 181 and 250 but with the standard full load current of 315A, so:

315A X 0.181 = 57A regen (coast)

315A X 0.250 = 79A regen ( foot brake)

My present setting with the tuned full load current of 500A are:

500A X 0.100 = 50A regen (coast)

500A X 0.250 = 125A regen (foot brake)

So, I now have a little less regen on coast than standard and significantly more on the foot brake.

:slight_smile:

You’ve lost me there @peter-ss, tuned full load?
Have you done some non-powerbox tuning?

No, just the PowerBox.

Full load as in maximum current in Amps.

interesting Peter that you use the brakes more than regen , although here hills are my saviour :smile:

I hardly ever use the brakes.

Only need them when something unexpected happens.

@peter-ss cant say I’ve spotted that setting, or is this the max amps (500A) when set to the MaxPower setting?

Yes.

ahhhh, I see. Thanks.

Hi Powerbox experts, another question from me …
I’ve been trying to get the Powerbox to stop charging the Twizy at 90% but had no luck so far.
With the PB set to charge to 90%, first I tried charging with everything off including the PB. I then tried charging with the PB on but not the ignition and just now I tried charging with the ignition and the PB on (ignition was not turned all the way to GO).
In all cases it charges past 90%, I stopped it just now at 97%.

Hi.
That’s one of the things that unfortunately does not work.
As I understand it, it depends on why a version of the charger you have.

Even with the MK1 chargers, the OVMS is allowing stop charging at any level desired without keeping the Twizy Ignition on (No need the key on). :wink: