Electric battery Earn £175 per month from your EV!
BMW i3 wrapped in adverts

Sevcon reset

My Stop warning light on the dash comes on 5 sec after ignition on. The Sevcon green led flashes 5 times which indicates an open circuit motor but the motor is fine and properly connected.
A few days ago I powered up the Sevcon with the motor disconnected to check the battery SOC. Can anyone tell me if this fault code lockout is latching as that would confirm what is going on. If so what would be the cheapest way to get it reset?
Any advice appreciated.

Is the motor definitely reconnected correctly? Not sure if the sevcon latches errors like that but someone like Kenneth Neilsen would know, or Jeremy from http://www.ev-support.co.uk/ knows about programming some sevcon models.

Cheers.

Thanks Gary. Yes I checked continuity of the motor from the Sevcon terminals and phasing is correct going by the wire sleeve colours.

1 Like

In my case the 5 flashes reaction with stop was an immobiliser issue…hi Pat!

Now moved onto the next stage. Still no success. Mincu_Mircea it certainly looks like the same as your problem.

I purchased an OVMS and I can now see the detailed fault code 0x5143 :

The Sevcon appears to be complaining about a peripheral device which I assume to be the dashboard. There are no dtc’s when I show a dtc report with OVMS.

From what I have heard, the dashboard for some reason has to handshake some kind of ID (such as the VIN) with the Sevcon. When I got OVMS to show the VIN stored in the Sevcon, it came back blank. I was able to load the VIN using a "metrics set v.vin " command and it seemed to have stored when I used “metrics list v.vin”. But the fault code still came up as before when I turned the ignition key on.

I have now run out of ideas. It disappointing as I am sure if I get Renault to fix it they will upgrade my old firmware from 2012 and I will loose the ability to configure it.