Electric battery Earn £175 per month from your EV!
BMW i3 wrapped in adverts

Twizy battery cells

Hi all,

I am working on a Twizy, it has sat for a long time and the traction battery voltage was very low. I opened it up to charge the cells individually but they have puffed up unfortunately.

Any idea if it’s possible to source replacement LG Chem cell or other cells that will fit? The Twizy is in a great condition and I really don’t want to break it for parts!

Cheers

1 Like

try Mike schooling at http://indra.co.uk/. He is a good chap that I met a few years ago. Does lots of conversions.

2 Likes

Ah thats a good shout, yeah i’ve heard about Indra but didnt think of them. Cheers!

This could be of some help… just need to read German or use G-Translat >>

Oh that’s interesting, I measured the battery box and it’s not tall enough for leaf cells, well not unless they are laid flat hahaha. That might be an option…

What about two tesla banks? :grin: apparently that fits.
Zero Twizy are using a golf GTE battery bank.
I thought so long as you knew what you were doing, any collection of 18650s was OK to make a battery, its just like an ebike but bigger?!

1 Like

Kenneth (Nielsen / PowerBox) did it with the 18650 as I know. It was very heavy but very powerfull too. (His words)
Then he swapped for Kia/Hyundai cells… Now he is using Kia/Hyundai cells as I understood.

Tesla cells are 6s so can’t get to 14s. With modifications it could be made to accept a different number of cells but that’s not a project I want now so have to stick with 14s.

Cheers

In case you want your twizy to be able of 130 or 140 Km >>

2 Likes