Twizy Heating System

Winter is coming!

anyone one else interested in fitting a discreet, efficient heating system?

i have started looking around - saw this:
http://www.heatercraft.com/electric-car-heater-complete-kit/

Any thoughts?

Any thoughts?

How would this bit work?

36V, 48V or 72V DC Coil Wattage

Andy

Ok my bad. I posted the wrong link:

Ok my bad. I posted the wrong link:

http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/motors...tweight-heater

Sadly that won’t fit the Twizy because it needs a Hot Water Supply to plumb it into… :frowning:

Andy

Yes the only real heating system I have seen is this :slight_smile: http://www.onlinepowertools.co.uk/prod/milwaukee-m12-hjm-21-heated-jacket-red-battery-charger?utm_source=Google+Shopping&utm_medium=referral&utm_term=Milwaukee+M12+Hjm-21+Heated+Jacket+-+Red+(++Battery+&utm_campaign=Google+Shopping&gclid=CMDGw8-By7kCFQbJtAodkhQAEw

something like this?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/12V-2-in-1-Car-Portable-Ceramic-Heating-Cooling-Heater-Fan-Defroster-Demister-/360721880660

but i don’t know if you would get a lot of heat from it…

I would be careful about this as it draws more current than the Twizy socket is fused for. Ie. Fused to protect the cabling.

C’mon, you wimps!! You don’t need heating in your Twizy. Besides, even with windows, there are so many gaps and drafts that heating is totally ineffective.

I posted a link for the milwaukee heated jacket, but for some reason the post had to get approved… Strange forum I’ve been on here a while too…

I have some spam management installed and sometimes when you post links to external websites it thinks you’re trying to spam the forum that’s all. I will approve the post.

C’mon, you wimps!! You don’t need heating in your Twizy. Besides, even with windows, there are so many gaps and drafts that heating is totally ineffective.

I’ve got heated gloves that plug into the accessory Socket, nice and warm! :smiley:

Andy

That could be fun on big roundabouts, I use the Maplin battery ones! :slight_smile:

Did you find them any good? I had to return them to Maplin because they were useless. I used them last winter on the golf course, and they were totally ineffective.

Not really - I used them on the bike and after 8 batteries decided they were too dear for normal use - only really finger chilling drives!

That could be fun on big roundabouts

No problem at all! :slight_smile:
The turning circle of the Twizy steering wheel is quite small when driving around.

Andy

I’ve wondered if it’s possible to fit a Pre-Heater system from Ebersprächer or Webasto. Assembles the surface where the back of the Twizy in a Box with a diesel tank
and take a hot air hose into the cup?

Dave
Those devices need a lotof battery power to get them running. The poor 12v Twizy battery wouldn’t cope. You really want to add a hot fuel system to a plastic eledctric car?
Just buy a bigger or heated coat it would be alot cheaper and could be used out side the car.
Chris

Webasto and Ebersprächer units output is far to big for the size of the Twizy, the smallest Webasto AirTop 2000 is easily capable of heating a Sprinter size van in 10 minutes and then cut in an out on the thermostat (7000 Btu aprox) as they recirc the air and only draw a small amount of fresh air from a 3rd smaller bore pipe. The fuel usage however is tiny, a coke cans worth of diesel would last hours of continuous use. The power for the fan blower is less than 2A so the small auxiliary battery is more than up to the job of running it. If only Webasto made an Airtop 500 it would be ideal and the Twizy could have a little exhaust out the back chugging away.

You need a proper sheepskin “Biggles” flying helmet. This has the advantage of working just as well outside the Twizy. With the achievable range dropping to the low 40’s in miles, the last thing you want is another battery drain. Heating the air inside a Twizy is a mug’s game, even with full weather protection (door AND windows) its seems to manage several complete air changes a minute, and even if it worked, you’d mist up pretty quickly in this delightfully humid climate of ours. Heat the body (or stop it cooling!) not the Twizy.

Just upgraded my Twizy Heating system, bought some better electric gloves :slight_smile:
They are Gerbing Electric Gloves and come with 3 Heat Settings.
They are designed to be plugged direct into a 12v Battery, but I bought the additional accessory Socket lead so I can plug into the Twizy.
Tried them yesterday morning when we had a Hard Frost.
To start with I had them on the Middle setting, but after a few miles had to turn them down to the lowest setting.
Hands were warm as toast!
On the highest setting they get seriously warm! :smiley:
My full Winter Gear consists of Full Windows for the Twizy, Thinsulate Hat, a Scarf and the Electric Gloves. Works for me! :smiley:

Andy