Electric battery Earn £175 per month from your EV!
BMW i3 wrapped in adverts

Twizy wheel options

Hi all,

Just wondered if it’s possible to fit 3 stud wheels from an early Citroen Saxo / Peugeot 106 to the Twizy? The bolt spacing seems to be the same but not sure about offset or centre bore and whether the height and width of the wheels would be suitable.

I notice that lots of people wanting wider wheels go for 4x100 with adapters - is that basically the only option for different wheels?

Cheers

I’ve looked st the PCD of the smart and Peugeot etc with 3 studs. I’m pretty sure none of them will fit due to the stud position spacing.
4x100 is the most common choice of adapter for twizy owners because it gives the largest choice of small car wheels. Most vehicles with 13’ or 15’ wheels use the 4x100 PCD so you’ve got more choices of suitable wheels and tyre options.

Interesting, I looked on wheel-size.com and it said that the 3 stud Saxo, AX and Twizy were all 3x98, it could be wrong tho.

Cheers

1 Like

I guess those two are equiped with Citroën Ax Sport Rims/Wheels… wich would also mean, if true, that the Compomotive MO05 (3x98) rally rims could feet too. But just a guess here :wink:

1 Like

you are going to have to go for super low profile tyres or rip the arches off with those rims :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

these wheels are the standard twizy rims banded , cut in half and extra metal welded in , crazy but look super cool - banded steelies are old skool :heart_eyes:

other engineering companies are available.

2 Likes

This is interesting, thanks chaps. If I can find a cheap set of Peugeot/Citroen 3 stud wheels I’ll give them a go, if not look down the 4x100 adapter route.

Cheers

1 Like

When I looked at the price of steel, then banding and.painting, it seemed easier to go the 4x100 route, and then you can put “light” alloy wheels on. Does make the steering heavier though

1 Like

Hey,
Just to say that this week-end I bought a set of Peugeot/Citroen Wheels - 3 stud 3x98 and tried to put them on the Twizy but it did not work since the centering hole is smaller compare to the Twizy wheels ones. :[[
I will see if any way to modify on the Twizy or on the rims.

Is it a case of 98 vs 100? The other way around you can use wobble bolts, so sure you could just mill / drill them our a smidge. I thought they were supposed to fit straight off!

Nop, the problem is the middle hole to center the wheel before puting the bolts… the Twizy center is 6 cm when the Peugeot/Citroen ones are 5,5 cm of diameter.

1 Like

The centre bore…ah. what a pain.

I am working on finding an fast, easy and cheap solution… because I bought 14" wheels with 165/60 x 14 tyres and it looks very nice, “almost” seating under the OEM mud-gards with give nice look and keeping similar speed and much much beter grip on the road.

1 Like