Warranty issues with Renault

So just for a change bad service from Renault, not from the dealer, Bristol Street In Bradford, they’ve been excellent, but from Renault themselves.

You’ve got to bear in mind that it’s my toy, I bought it 6 months old, 3 1/2 years ago with 1278 miles, now it has 2023 miles! Not exaclty heavy mileage. It also lives in a heated garage, kept at no lower than 5 centigrade. A pampered Twizy!

My Twizy is was first registered in April 2012, so it’s one of the early ones. It’s had a few problems recently, with the 12V battery not charging, but they replaced it, I thought that was the end of it. That was about 3 months ago. It’s only been driven once since then. The warranty ran out, and the following week the twizy refused to charge at all.

Fortunatley it had 5 miles in it, just enought to get to Bristol Street. They did a diagnosis of it, for free, and found the charger was faulty.

The charging fault was obviously still there, but Renault have said I have pay £82 towards the new charger, but the fault was there before, even the technician said that.

I’m going to pay the money, then look into taking Renault to court over it, fortuatley my sister is a judge, so I’m sure she’ll feel at home in front of small claims court.

Lousy service, check your twizys before the warrantyruns out, and dont let them close the case!

Good for you, let us know the outcome.