Electric battery Earn £175 per month from your EV!
BMW i3 wrapped in adverts

Webasto or Eberspächer heater

Hi, I was wondering if anyone has tried to mount a fuel heaters for example Webasto or Eberspächer heater back on the Twizy, and pull a heater hose until coupe, that the small electric cars have today. yellow mail cars. Put the heater in a plastic box at the back. Br. David

There are number of reason why this isn’t a popular option. For me I came up with theses reasons.

1. Having to carry the additional fuel required to run the heater. The idea of the EV was to move from Diesel or Petrol.
  2. These things take a lot of current to start up and this has to come form some where, thus potentially affecting range
  3. Cost of the units even second hand.
  4. Loss of space.
  5. Fitting the hot exhaust pipes in a plastic car.
  6. Twizy not really an enclosed space even with windows. What are you trying to heat the who outdoors?

Okay they do not need a lot of fuel to run them. However I believe the money would be better spent on some good clothing. At least that can be used else where. In fact Lightly has a heated jacket, that uses power tool batteries so these have a dual purpose and the jacket is light enough to be worn at other times of the year.

However if you go ahead please photograph the stages and parts and report back so others can try.
Good luck.

I have now used the Twizy through nearly 2 winters and without windows or a heater. I just put on a bigger coat when it snows.

I really don’t see the point of heating, just as I don’t see the point of music system, in the Twizy. The former because of all the leaks and the latter because of all the noise. Besides, most journeys in the Twizy will be short. I agree with Osbrook, spend the money on good clothing.

Twizy is great mainly because it’s an EV and of it’s simplicity. I’m looking for solar stuff to upgrade mine, but nothing more than that.

thanks for your reply, on the yellow electric postal vehicles is it mounted the fuel heater and the driver said it was nice when it was blowing hot air to the feet even if it is open much around doors and windows, its so rough/ raw air on winter. www.polarn-innovation.se is a compact variant .

Skriv text, ange adressen till en webbplats eller översätt ett dokument.](http://www.twizyowners.com/?tr=f&hl=sv)
Avbryt

Menade du: även om det är öppet mycket runt dörren](javascript:void(0))

ext, ange adressen till en webbplats eller översätt ett dokument.](http://www.twizyowners.com/?tr=f&hl=sv)
Avbryt

Menade du: även om det är öppet mycket runt dörren](javascript:void(0))

thanks for your reply, I talked to his running the yellow electric mail truck and he said it’s nice that it blows hot air at your feet even if the car is not tight. holding winter’s raw air away from the compartment. www.polarn-innovation.se

Even if you wanted to put it in the twizy:
The major problem is, that the warm air would just get out fast. Even with windows the twizy is not really closed.

[INDENT]the guy who drove the electric car and handing out mail saying it was very nice with hot air when it was cold outside and then he drove with leaky windows, and sometimes with the door open, hot air blowing down towards the feet. [/INDENT]Br//DE