Electric battery Earn £175 per month from your EV!
BMW i3 wrapped in adverts

What people say about the Twizy

I’m loving the response the Twizy gets from everyone, but in our (traditional, rural!) town it is like driving a UFO around and my wife and I are now running bets on whether we can even get to the cashpoint and back without someone speaking to us!
I am very outgoing and love chatting, but my wife hates the attention as she is a very quiet person and struggles with the hordes!

I’m sure there are more questions, but these seem to be the top ten that I get asked while driving the Twizy, in order of popularity:

1/ How far does it go on a charge?
2/ How long does it take to charge?
3/ How many mpg/how much £ for a charge?
4/ How much is the tax?
5/ How much do they cost?
6/ How fast does it go?
7/ Can you take it on a motorway?
8/ Where did you get that from?
9/ Is it just a one-seater?
10/ Is it automatic or manual?

When you explain there are no windows (most assume you have wound them down)
1/ Do you get wet?!

Favourite funnies so far:
1/ If you drive it into a flood, do you get electrocuted? (or do all the fish float to the top?)
2/ Is it a new invalid carriage?
3/ Hey, that seats perfect for you-its got a fart hole!
4/ Look!! -a Smart Car and a golf buggy had a BABY!

What has been the response to your Twizy? Do you enjoy the constant attention?
What is the daftest question you have been asked or daftest remark you have overheard?

My Twizy sits outside the workshop most days, and occasionally I get a very inquisitive person will come inside to ask about the car.Usually all the ones mentioned, but you forgot “do you need a car licence to drive it ?”
I find it interesting to gauge peoples reaction, Iam used to this as I have had many odd cars. Lots of people act as if its not there, some will ridicule it, some love it. I find just the same whatever the “odd” car, my GT3 RS Porsche is just the same, it is bright orange, but people will still ignore it.
I went to Decathlon tonight , which is next to Ikea, so very busy. The amount of interest is quite amazing, people love to look at the car, especially if there is no one near it.
I reckon it would be amusing to put a Gopro in the car, and then just record the people looking at it. Probably be surprised at the footage.

I find the reaction is the best of any vehicle I have driven as people like the cuteness and styling of it but do not think it as flash or showy.
A gopro would be fun!

On misty days, I just want mine to be wrapped in luminescent material and dress up as an alien just for kicks.
Oh, Halloween draws near…!

I did get “can you drive it on a bike licence?”

This is a great idea! Someone please fit a hidden camera to a Twizy :slight_smile:

It’s how I find my car in large car parks - just look for a group of people round a car.
The Twizy will be in the middle some where.

1. Couldn’t you put a solar panel on it to keep the battery charged?
  2. What about a small wind turbine to charge the battery as you move along?

If you gave it the Tesla power pack, you would have a Twizla!

I have thought about doing something like that for when I get mine in a few weeks for my next video, but speed it up abit.

Though thought about filming from a distance rather than leaving a camera in the car.

1. Does it fly as well?

Look theres that shopping trolley with a roof.

I did get “can you drive it on a bike licence?”

Next time tell them "Yes you can! "
You can drive a Twizy on a B1 Licence if you passed your Bike test before 2001 :smiley:
I will be driving the Twizy on my B1 Licence like I already drive my Petrol Microcar :slight_smile:

Andy

My best one was an elderly posh lady wobbled up and asked if you could drive it “under the influence”…

Best question was from me to a chinese family of three I found inside mine in George Square one Sunday Afternoon ( before I fitted windows ) along the lines of “what the hell are you doing in my car”? :redface: