Electric battery Earn £175 per month from your EV!
BMW i3 wrapped in adverts

Why is the Twizy so expensive to insure?

My sister bought a brand new Mini Cooper Roadster today and just out of curiosity I thought I would see how much it would cost me to insure it. £350.

Yet I just renewed my Twizy insurance for £770. This doesn’t matter too much as I’m only insuring it for one month so will cancel shortly. But what the hell?!

How can a £20,000 Mini Cooper cost me £400 less to insure than an £8,000 Twizy?!!!

In case you’re wondering, I have 5 years no claims and 8 years experience…

You need to shop around with insurance.
I know someone who didn’t buy a Twizy because they were quoted over £1000 to insure!
My details are very similar to yours and I insured my Twizy for £375 with Pluginsure :slight_smile:

Andy

Unfortunately I tried to get a 1 month insurance with PlugInsure but they weren’t interested. Last year they quoted me around £600i think.

I just renewed with my current insurer. Originally insured for £550 last year and didnt bother questioning the extra on the renewal as its only for 1 month then I’m cancelling.

I just find it ridiculous how much extra the Twizy costs to insure compared to much more powerful much more expensive cars.

Unfortunately I tried to get a 1 month insurance with PlugInsure but they weren’t interested.

I must admit Pluginsure were a Nightmare to get insurance cover.
They are like something out of the Dark Ages :frowning:
They don’t have any online payments and I had to fill out a form and Fax it to them amongst other things.
I am sure they still use Quill Pens :smiley:

Andy

I just renewed mine and halved it! Now £165 with Esure, fully comp ( its about the only the only advantage of getting old - cheap insurance ) !

yeah car insurance gets cheaper, but life insurance gets more expensive :slight_smile: